|American First National Bank desires to become the leading Asian-American owned financial institution within the United States. We are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards, operating in a safe and sound manner, and complying with laws and regulations.
|Brief History and Locations:
|We are an Asian-American owned National Bank with full FDIC insurance coverage, headquartered in Houston, Texas. We were formed by 6 Organizers in August 1997 and opened for business on May 18, 1998. Our Corporate Office is located at 9999 Bellaire Blvd., near the southeast corner of the intersection on Beltway 8 and Bellaire Blvd. in Houston. This site was chosen because of its proximity to the highly concentrated Asian-American community located along the Bellaire Blvd. corridor. The majority of our operations are conducted from our Corporate Office. The building is 12 stories and the Bank owns 6 floors of which it currently occupies, the Ground, 1st, 2nd, and 12th floors. In addition to our Corporate Office, we operate from 16 branch locations in Texas, Nevada, and California. There are 4 branches in the Houston Metro area, First Colony, Harwin, Spring, and Katy; 7 branches in the Dallas Metro area, Richardson, Harry Hines, Legacy, K Ave Plano, Carrollton, Garland, and Arlington. In the Nevada area, there are 3 branches, Las Vegas, Pahrump, and Amargosa Valley. In the California area there are 2 branches, City of Industry and Alhambra and a Loan Production Office.
|Information on our Directors and Management:
|Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of American First National Bank consists of 14 members. Henry Wu is the Chairman of the Board and Bruce Chang is the President & CEO. Mr. Wu was previously, Chairman of the Board, for several years at Golden Bank (formerly Texas First National Bank). Mr. Chang has served as an Executive Officer at prior financial institutions and has over 30 years of experience in banking. The Board of Directors is actively involved in the overall management of the bank and ensures that adequate internal controls and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations are met. The Chairman and President & CEO have the responsibility for the management of all aspects of the bank to ensure maximum profits commensurate with the best interests of the customers, shareholders, employees, and the public.
- Mr. Henry Wu, Chairman of the Board
- Bruce Chang, President & CEO, Board Member
- Mr. Cheng Yuan Kao, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Mr. Ray Chang, Board Member
- Mr. Andy Chien, Board Member
- Mr. Hank Chuang, Board Member
- Mr. Ali Lakhany, Board Member
- Mr. Ronnie Miller, Board Member
- Mr. Steven Sun, Board Member
- Mr. George Tseng, Board Member
- Mrs. Chong-Huey Wang, Board Member
- Mr. Wen-Chuan Chen, Board Member
- Mr. Paul Cheng, Board Member
- Mr. Tom Chen, Board Member
Our Senior Management team, consists of experienced bankers who are dedicated to achieving the Bank's mission under the management and oversight of the Board of Directors. Our Senior Management team includes:
- Paul Law, Chief Credit Officer
- Eleanor Kwan, Chief Operations Officer
- Michael Klobosits, Chief Risk Officer & Internal Audit Manager
- Regina Tunchez, Chief Information Officer
- Anita Nwosuocha, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Bailey, Chief Compliance Officer
- Linna Lou, Assistant Chief Lending Officer
- Mike Fann, Controller & Cashier
- Dawning Ho, Investment Officer
- Jennifer Zhou, Public Relations Manager
- Loretta Lai, Manager of International Banking
|The staff of American First National Bank is primarily Asian-American and is able to offer the community, the ability to speak many different languages. The major bank services are:
Additionally, we have an experienced International Banking Department who provides international banking services, such as trade finance. We also have correspondent relationships with most of the major banks in the world in order to facilitate the international transactions. Our involvement in the community is extensive and we have an active Officer Call program. When called upon, we provide speakers to address local schools, business, and civic organizations regarding the services offered by our bank.
- Demand Deposit services, including checking accounts, money market accounts and NOW accounts.
- Time and savings deposit services, including regular savings, money market savings, certificates of deposit and IRA's.
- Loans for businesses and consumers, including working capital, commercial construction, real estate, home improvement, automobiles, personal use and others.
- Trade financing, including letters of credit, international wire transfers, collections and bill discounts
- Other services include: remote deposit, ACH, safe deposit box, International & domestic wiring, cashier checks, money orders, ATM, and Notary.
As of January 31, 2015, American First National Bank had:
- Total Assets - $1,089,936,000
- Total Loans - $935,315,000
- Total Deposits - $936,148,000
For the first month of 2015, our ROA was 1.05% and ROE was 8.2%. The income before taxes was $1,463,000. The capital as of 01/31/2015 was $140,346,000. The Bank has maintained an operating profit every year since 1999.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact President & CEO Mr. Bruce Chang at 713-596-2888.
|Main Office Facility